24-hour Service Gives You Peace of Mind.
SERVPRO of West Fort Wayne provides twenty-four hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Fort Wayne & Allen County. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (260) 436-8385
Whether your Fort Wayne & Allen County home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Fort Wayne commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Mold Remediation Specialist for Allen county!
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of West Fort Wayne for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of West Fort Wayne specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (260) 436-8385
How to Avoid Mold Growth in your Allen County Home
To avoid the growth of mold, it is imperative to control moisture within the first 24-48 hours of a water event. Prompt response is so important, so don't wait to call SERVPRO!
Before our professionals arrive on the scene there are a few thing that can be done to help reduce the likelihood of water or mold claims.
-Make sure you don't have any water leaks or standing water on your property.
-Ensure that your humidifiers are maintained properly so as not to flood your home.
-Check your insulation materials for moisture or visible mold and replace immediately.
Our SERVPRO professionals are ready to help mitigate your mold issues should they arise. However, taking the time to check your property on a regular basis can help eliminate future worries and problems.
SERVPRO Can Help Reduce Poluttion in your Allen County Home
Duct Cleaning is not a luxury service anymore! The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) says that the air within your home is likely to be 100 times more polluted than the air outside. That means that being inside your house is more damaging than being outside. What?!
When you have a fire, water damage or mold issues, this number only gets worse.
Duct cleaning isn't always necessary after an incident of fire, water damage or mold remediation, but our SERVPRO professional technicians can help you determine if it will be he best way to address the problem. Most of the time, our professionals can return your HVAC system to it's pre-damage condition.
SERVPRO Professionals will always have solutions to help solve the problems.
How can SERVPRO help with Biohazard concerns in Allen County?
SERVPRO of West Fort Wayne does more than just fire and water restoration. Our professionals can also help you to with Biohazard, Vandalism and Crime Scene Cleanup.
Bloodborn Pathogens can be scary. Bodily fluids, tissues and other potentially risky substances can be removed and disposed of properly by our technicians who are trained in proper biohazard removal.
Crime Scene Residue can be overwhelming. Once law enforcement is finished with the area, let our professional techinicians come in and deal with the fingerprint powder, evidence-gathering chemicals and residues from tear gas or pepper spray.
Arson and Vandalism can leave a home or business owner feeling vulnerable, violated and unsafe. Let SERVPRO come in and take care of the aftermath. Our team can remove spray paint, clean up broken glass and clean up after a fire.
Sewage BAckups are the worst! Black water carries with it a terrible odor as well as potentially harmful microorganisms into your home or business. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can remove the black water, contaminants and dry the area. They will disinfect and clean the property and leave it "Like it never even happend."
SERVPRO of West Fort Wayne is Proud to Announce 10th Annual Allen County Safety Fair
The 10th Annual Allen County Safety Fair will be held, once again, at Jefferson Pointe on Saturday, September 22 from 10AM - 1PM.
This event is free and open to the public.
Kids (of all ages) will enjoy the opportunity to climb through firetrucks, ambulances and police cars. There will be demonstrations on how to prepare for a disaster, how to stay safe in scary situations and how to make sure your home is as safe as it can be.
The Lutheran Air helicoptor tries to make an appearance every year (barring any emergencies) and that is one of the most exhilirating moments of our morning.
Free food will be served for as long as it lasts.
Mark your calendars now and don't miss this exciting event!
Facts About Smoke and Soot
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of West Fort Wayne will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (260) 436-8385
Let Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists Take Care of Your Allen County Home
SERVPRO of West Fort Wayne is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of West Fort Wayne
SERVPRO of West Fort Wayne specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO is ready when storms and floods hit Allen County!
SERVPRO of West Fort Wayne specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Fort Wayne and Allen County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (260) 436-8385
What to do Before, During and After a Flood
Before the Flood:
- Have a qualified professional elevate the furnace, water heater and electric panel if susceptible to flooding.
- Install “check valves” in sewer traps to prevent flood water from backing up into the drains of your home or business.
- Seal walls in basement with waterproofing compounds to help avoid seepage.
During the Flood:
- Turn off utilities at the main switches or valves if instructed to do so.
- Disconnect electrical appliances.
- Do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water.
- Do not walk through moving water. Even six inches of moving water can make you fall.
After the Flood:
- Listen to news reports to learn if the community’s water supply is safe to drink.
- Avoid floodwaters. Water may be contaminated by oil, gas or raw sewage. Water may also be electrically charged.
- Stay out of any building if it is surrounded by floodwaters.
- Return home only when authorities indicate it is safe.